Wednesday, May 9, 2012
1:24 PM | Edit Post
Nicole and Mike with their respective buddies!
Sorry I have been absent from blogging for so long, but life is full of twists and turns and time seems to get away from us. However I'm back to addressing my life's greatest pleasure - planning details with my Okanagan Destination Bridal couples.
Nicole and Mike who's wedding is coming up early this June in Kelowna, is shaping up to be a wonderful celebration filled with tasteful personalizations that speak to their true natures.
I had to share this photo with you. They were here recently for their ENGAGEMENT SHOOT with Abby Photography. The skies cleared and the rain held off long enough to get the photos done before the downpour came. Since they truly wanted their best friends, their two pooches Gunther and Bentley along as well, I offered to dog sit/walk for them while the shoot was taking place. Little did I know that Chris and Elisha snapped a few highlights of me with two of them. Yes I was dog walker, bag and coat packer and general Personal Assistant for the shoot. Loved it! Don't really know who's walking who, though. Check out more photos of them at http://www.facebook.com/abbyphotography Nicole's contagious smile just never stopped, and you could see the wonderful joyful connection this couple has. Great job Abby Photography!
I also wanted to share a local contact for all your Wedding Stationary needs. Located in Kamloops, MODERN INVITATIONS and it's owner/graphic artist Susanna Fiorenza created a customized card for this couple that reflects all the elements of their wedding styling.
Leaf and vine motifs, natural wood elements, casual and not too stuffy, were there wishes.
This is what Susanna came up with for them.
Natural elements but not too rustic, birch, logs, wood, leaves with some glitz and ethereal qualities.
COUPLE: One Canadian, one from Trinidad. So we are incorporating their two heritages in a number of ways. Guests are flying in from the Caribbean so to honor them and her family, there will of course be steel drum music, and her father's special SIGNATURE DRINK recipe, handed down through the family members.
COLORS: Earthy tones of choc. brown, leaf green highlighted with ivory
Other ways we are highlighting their styling......
- Several of the cards within the Invite Stationary Package will be on Wood veneer, others on paper
- Vine Leaf motif running down the three tiers of their wedding cake
- Birch log backdrop for their guest sign in table
- Birch mats as cloths on sign in table
- Since they are at a Winery for the reception, their Card Box will be a large wine box studded with cross cuts of tree logs and bark
- Vine leaf ivory organza tablecloths
- Birch cross cut log for Ring Bearer pillow with the addition of a green cymbidium orchid
- Sand Ceremony to symbolically represent the uniting of two heritages. So sand from a Trinidad beach and sand from BC coastal beach.
We are in the final weeks of detailing for this wedding. Thankfully our Kelowna weather is warming up for this couples fabulous outdoor ceremony in early June. I can't wait to see all the elements come together for them.
Agatha Soros, Wedding Coordinator/Planner and Okanagan Wedding Destination specialist
Labels: Chronicles of a Wedding
AGATHA SOROS, Kelowna, B.C.
- ▼ 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (43)
- Accessorizing your Wedding (6)
- Buzz (4)
- Ceremony Venue (5)
- Chronicles of a Wedding (19)
- Decor Ideas (4)
- Destination Okanagan (25)
- Events (17)
- Food and Drink (4)
- Fresh Ideas (5)
- Gowns and Pretty Things (5)
- International Destinations (1)
- Local (23)
- Mexico Destination Weddings (1)
- My Favorite Things (3)
- My life (4)
- My Little White Book (1)
- Neat stuff (2)
- Places of Interest (1)
- Planning Tips (4)
- PORTFOLIO/GALLERY (18)
- Reception Venue (16)
- RENTALS (1)
- Services (2)
- Special People (1)
- Spread the Word (3)
- TESTIMONIALS (1)
- Vendors (6)
- Venues (6)
- Wedding Buzz (6)
- Wedding Trends (7)